Fly control essential for restaurants and cafes
Fly infestations are often disasters waiting to happen, not only can it be incredibly annoying but particularly damaging to a business.
Disruption to businesses in Cambridgeshire
If you own a food service, restaurant or production business a fly infestation can hit revenue hard as well as causing huge threats to the health and safety of staff and customers.
With over 120,000 species worldwide of flies, the contamination of goods and food poses a real risk.
Are flies really that dangerous?
Even though they have a short lifecycle, flies can multiply rapidly. Some species can even fully mature from eggs to adults in less than seven days.
Your business can suffer from:
The best methods for fly control:
- Ensuring that your supplies are not beginning to decay
- Keeping production areas and equipment clean. Help from Food Standards Agency.
- The frequent removal of garbage (especially when warm)
- Ensuring supply areas are clean. Advice.
- Providing sufficient storage for waste that’s secure. See example.
- In Cambridgeshire, for unmanageable infestations trust the pest control experts. We recommend.
With the risk to food safety being critical, keeping your service safe and protected from an infestation as well as dealing with one quickly if they happen is essential.
No food environment will be exempt from any responsibility and there is often a zero-tolerance approach to any form of pest contamination, even if just flies.